When I first read Napoleon Hill’s Think and Grow Rich, the world was infinitely quieter. There was no social media and not everyone had access to or could bear staying “on” line long because of the speed.
Still the percentages stay roughly the same between those who succeed on their terms and those who don’t.
Sure we are the masters of our fate, the captains of our soul yet all too often we allow the din on the outside to drown out the voice on the inside providing daily guidance as to where we should go and what we should do.
In the end we follow dreams given to us by those who assume the size and scope of what we can and cannot achieve.
- We pursue to please.
- We pursue to gain approval.
- We pursue to fit in and be part of a crowd that really don’t even know themselves, let alone know who we are and what’s best for us. But we allow it anyway.
There are many suggested reasons for this.
Some say we prefer to play victim. Others say the rich get richer and the poor, poorer. Others say it depends on the colour of our skin. And then there are those who believe that there are a one percentile group in Trinidad and Tobago with everything.
Whatever the reason, I feel that we grasp more tightly to the reasons why we can’t instead of taking hold of our dreams with both hands and going for it.
Your dreams are your dreams for a reason so don’t expect anyone else to understand. They will NEVER understand why you want what you want or want to do what you say you want to do. So if you’re looking for buy-in, STOP!
Regardless of what we are doing now, whether we are in a job, or business of our own creation, we need to keep in mind the following stats.
These numbers are the most important sales statistics you will ever read and they can have a huge impact on your business…
- 48% of sales people never follow up with a customer
- 25% make a second contact and stop
- 12% only make three contacts and stop
- 10% make more than three contacts
With those numbers in mind… here’s how you can double or triple your results… make at least 12 contacts before you give up. Here’s why.
- 2% of sales are made on the first contact
- 3% are made on the second contact
- 5% are made on the third contact
- 10% are made on the fourth contact
- 80% are made on the 5th to 12th contact
Make the connection.
Hold on to your dreams and with pig-headed discipline and determination do what you need to do to get it. Don’t give up on your dreams. Don’t give up on you. Persist and watch your dreams come true!
Like what you’re reading? Go ahead – and subscribe now.