A couple weeks ago I was chatting with a client, and we were discussing the effects of the COVID lockdown. Apart from social separation, the isolation forced many of us to face up to ourselves. We could no longer drown ourselves in “busy” work or distract ourselves by going out socially.
But did we really face ourselves or did we choose to distance ourselves from our truth through disconnection?
In those moments when we feel depressed, we need to treat with the feeling as an indicator that we are neglecting our inner authority.
Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.COCO CHANEL
You need to reconnect to your inner truth – your inner authority.
So, what exactly is your inner authority? From the Laws of Human Nature:
It serves as the voice, the conscience of our higher self. This voice is already there; we hear it at times, but it is weak. We need to increase the frequency with which we hear it and its volume. Think of this voice as dictating a code of behavior, and every day we must make ourselves listen to it. It tells us the following:
- You have a responsibility to the culture and times we live in.
- To serve this higher purpose you must cultivate what is unique about you
- In a world full of endless distractions, you must focus and prioritize.
- You must adhere to the highest standards in your work.
These times are calling for all of us to know ourselves thoroughly. We need to think for ourselves…not be led by what someone else is saying because it is the popular group think. We need to think independent of Government and above politics. We need to judge things and people for ourselves.
Ask yourself the following:
- What do I feel strongly about?
- Why do I feel a certain way about particular situations?
- What problems irritate me to no end and I have viable solutions for those problems?
- What do I see that others don’t?
- What fields naturally attract me?
- What are my tastes and inclinations?
It is time to create, reflecting who you are. Let what you do – your work – reflect your uniqueness.
Don’t shy away from what makes you different! When skills and purpose mesh, therein lies the mother lode – your principal source of everything you need to live and contribute abundantly!