Why the dragonfly?
It was perhaps in 2017 that the dragonfly became a significant part of my life. Looking back, I can understand why. I was going through a ton of changes in my life. The upheaval started in 2016 when everything that I had grown accustomed to, changed. My life was upside down, my business disintegrated into nothingness and my self confidence nosedived. I no longer felt that I had a purpose or that I could help anyone. Except I’ve always had a determined spirit and that never really left me.
Whenever I would go for walks or long drives, I would see dragonflies appear. I remember one such visit to San Fernando Hill, and a swarm of dragonflies appeared, seemingly out of nowhere, following my every step. It was surreal.
Not too long after that I would explore certain ideas and then share them on Facebook. I decided that these ideas would become my dragonfly thoughts since the themes revolved around change, growth, struggles, self-reliance, confidence, finding ones way, and finding ones self. I encourage you to follow those thoughts here by liking this page.
In 2018 I decided to get a dragonfly tattoo. Talk about committment hahaha!
In almost every part of the world, the Dragonfly symbolizes change, transformation, adaptability, and self-realization.
The change that is often referred to has its source in mental and emotional maturity and understanding the deeper meaning of life.
- The Dragonfly’s scurrying flight across water represents an act of going beyond what’s on the surface and looking into the deeper implications and aspects of life.
- The Dragonfly moves with elegance and grace.
- The Dragonfly is iridescent both on its wings and body. Iridescence shows itself in different colors depending on the angle and how the light falls on it. The magical property of iridescence is also associated with the discovery of one’s own abilities by unmasking the real self and removing the doubts one casts on his/her own sense of identity.
- The Dragonfly normally lives most of its life as a nymph or an immature.
- It flies only for a fraction of its life. This symbolizes and exemplifies the virtue of living in the moment and living life to the fullest. By living in the moment you are aware of who you are, where you are, what you are doing, what you want, what you don’t, and to make informed choices on a moment-to-moment basis.
- The eyes of the Dragonfly symbolize the uninhibited vision of the mind and the ability to see beyond the limitations of the human self.
Today I can better understand why the dragonfly chose me.
Dragonfly’s are a symbol of self that comes with maturity. They symbolize going past self-created illusions that limit our growth and ability to change.
I had to return to the egg stage, and then work my way through to emergence.
This is a journey we will have to repeat with every new beginning or new upheaval. Change is constant, but hope is enduring.
So…where do see yourself today? Regardless of where you are, there is always possibility and promise!
Discover more ways to become a Well-Paid Professional…with effective marketing!
Subscribe to the Well-Paid Pro Client newsletter full of inspirational stories, ideas and insights around navigating the “building a well-paid profitable business” journey.