Many professional service providers (whether you are a company of one, a manager/leader of a team, or owner with employees) – perhaps you – have been blissfully unaware that their marketing is confusing their best potential customers.
Your potential customers aren’t sure what you actually do, what you can offer them, and how you’re different from your competition.
It’s even worse now!
This pandemic means that many of the tools in your sales, marketing, and consulting toolbox will be rendered useless, dull, outdated or obsolete!
The solution isn’t to panic or worry.
- NOW is the time to get your butt in gear.
- Now is the time to question ALL assumptions.
- Now is the time to look at all your messaging – web site, email, promotions, e-newsletters, and social media profile descriptions about who you are and what you do and while the chaos is spinning, stand back and begin asking yourself:
Do my marketing messages clearly communicate what I do and for whom?
We’ve been so wrapped up in defining ourselves with the labels, systems, and norms we’re familiar with that everyone sounds the same.
We’ve brushed off the most important, complex parts of ourselves and our businesses that are hard to define yet once we do define it, it becomes the thing most difficult to copy.
Now more than ever you need to understand your individuality, complexity and get crystal clear on your unique message because this is what will be working for you in your absence.
For the foreseeable future, face to face visits will no longer be possible.
Sure you or your sales team, can use the phone but in these pressure-filled times, where every sales professional will now be using the phone, WhatsApp and email – chances are potential clients are going to treat many of your calls and emails as “white noise” as they attempt to “out their own fires.”
And if you’re thinking that you can easily switch to online webinars, also take into consideration that all online meeting platforms are going to be strained to the absolute MAX of bandwidth because every company, school and university will now be using this medium for communication!
Do you see a problem with this picture?
- You need to think about how you can become the most logical choice for your prospective clients and customers through your messaging, in a market that has just gotten even more chaotic!
- You have to think about what to include in your messaging to cover all your bases, in the absence of you being able to talk and answer all questions and objections on the spot.
We are in uncharted territory.
Your entire client attraction model may need to change in the coming days, weeks and months.
The clock is ticking like it’s never ticked before. A day lost is a month lost. A week lost is a year lost. So for you…
What is the best thing to do right now with regard to your marketing?
The answer will be different for different businesses.
It may be possible that what you need is not a message revision, but to run as fast as humanly possible, from the business you’re in right now. Unfortunately this is going to be true for some people but it’s better to close up shop now than to bleed to death.
The more encouraging news is that you may be sitting on a literal goldmine, and what’s necessary are several significant strategy and message pivots.
To help you figure out the answer for YOUR business, let’s schedule a 60 minute marketing message review and strategy chat.
All your expectations, models, norms, standards, best practices, ideals, aims, goals, objectives, processes and systems as you know it, are now in a state of suspended animation.
EVERYTHING is subject to question. (But the problem is, only 20% of it is worth questioning and most people are asking the wrong questions.)
Sixty minutes will give us time to determine:
- What business you’re actually in today and what’s possible for you growing forward
- Where you need to focus
- What questions you need to be asking
I will also provide you with a simplified marketing toolkit and if you are a service professional who understands the necessity to quickly evolve, then you will focus all your energy here, mastering the use of the 3 tools in your toolkit so you can effectively offer your clients the help they need, in this new, emerging world order.
I don’t have to tell you what a powerful DEFINITIVE SALES PROPOSITION and DIFFERENTIATOR this could be!
You can email me at giselle (at) gisellehudson (dot) com or set up a time to chat here.
Your business model, the one that let you thrive when Normal was alive, will NOT guarantee survival, much less thriving, in the post-Normal world.
I am not saying that you or your business is doomed.
Yes, everyone is wringing their hands about COVID-19 and the problems are obvious enough. Airlines, hotels, restaurants and resorts are in free-fall.
Yet what’s not nearly so obvious is that THIS may be your BIG BREAK.
Whether you like it or not, Hyper-Evolution WILL happen. Life is built to hyper-evolve in times of rapid change and stress.
These are the moments where we’re faced with the choice to survive or die. Survival will only happens through evolution. So you basically have three options:
- Choose to evolve and take the first step to getting clear on what you need to do next. Click here
- Get dragged along kicking and screaming.
- Or you can choose to die (Metaphorically, hopefully not literally.) I’m really hoping that you don’t bury your head in the sand, waiting for normal to return.